Wednesday, May 19, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY BEAT DOWN

Mother’s Day Weekend
My Mother’s Day weekend was great! I woke up Saturday morning after sleeping in a bit and I found two cards for me…one from Randy and one from Anderson! They got me a day at the spa…Anderson got my manicure and pedicure and Daddy got my facial and massage. I left for my 2pm appointment in utter bliss…so I thought!
The manicure and pedicure was pretty typical to what I would get back in the states, however my facial and massage was more than interesting….

As I am directed to lay in a chair at the corner of the salon the facial began…in front of everyone getting their hair done which I thought was weird. As my facial proceeds I am beginning to feel relaxed and clean…and then it starts…the woman begins to slap me in the face and dig her knuckles into my forehead. As she presses on my temples I fear that my skull will crack…at one point I swore I heard it pop. I laid there wondering if Randy knew about this procedure and if this facial was payback for something. ..I was glad that it ended and ready for a relaxing massage…so I thought.

I was instructed to flip over on the chair and that is when it all started…My Korean “beat down”. Mind you I am still on the salon floor where all clients can see and hear me. Blankets were placed over my body and then a woman began to rub my back. Then a man started rubbing on my legs…which was all really relaxing, I could have fallen to sleep. Just as I am about to drift into sleep, the woman starts to pound on my shoulders and the man is using his elbows to put pressure on my butt. As this goes on, another woman joins the team and takes over my lower back…pounding, beating, kneading, slapping, and tugging my body in all directions. At this point I was praying that one of the clients getting their hair done would come save me, but this was not the case! Just as I feel I can no longer take it...about an hour….the woman near my head begins to chant and they all pat and pound my back and as they count to 3 in Korean I fear my life may end. One, Two, Three…one pulls my arms, while the other pulls my legs. I am a human tug of war……………..and finally done! I flip over feeling as though I just got jumped and look at everyone looking at me and simply say, “that was interesting”. Although it was painful, I think they know what they are doing because walking out of that place I felt really good!

I walked home from my appointment and took my time walking in and out of the little shops in the Ville. Since some of them are too small for a stroller or for Anderson’s grabby hands I am unable to go when we go on our walks.

Randy cooked an amazing meal: Cajun pork chops with fresh green beans.
We took Anderson to his new babysitter’s house where he met Aida. It was nice being able to walk to the babysitter’s house and to the bars that we were going to for our night out. Anderson seemed excited that Aida had a small dog but sat on my lap knowing that we were leaving him there. Aida being the professional that she is,
took Anders out of my lap and told us to be on our way he will be fine. With that we snuck out of the door and as I waited to hear if Anderson would cry, I began to cry…and not a peep out of Anderson!

It was nice to hit up the night life in our town and play some darts with Randy. We decided to hit up Randy’s old stomping ground the “Drunk Bus” where he was greeted by the owner Chang! He seemed to miss him quite a bit as well as the bartender and his poker friends. We sat and had a few drinks until we left before midnight to go and get our sleeping baby! I thought that I paced myself pretty good, but then the next morning told me otherwise…what a headache.

All of Mother’s Day, I was in recovery mode! We pulled out the bed in the couch and Anderson, Randy, and I watched movies and read stories all day!!! Anderson was pretty excited that there was a bed in the couch.

We did have a minor injury on Mother’s Day, Anderson cut his big toe on a sharp piece of glass on our table that we were unaware of. After a lot of bleeding and a make-shift band aid we were able to get a good look at it and it was the size of a deep paper cut. He healed quickly and we invested in a good first aid kit.
Note: Make a Bandaid
So my homemade bandaid was a piece of an Always pad…it worked great …super absorbent…go figure

No comments:

Post a Comment